16 Handles: Fro-Yo Heaven



For those of you out there who don't know what 16 Handles is - and especially for those who know, but haven't been - all I can say is you are missing out.

I came across this spot with the GF after a very poor experience with Pinkberry, whose flavors have a citrus, medicinal aftertaste to me. A 16 Handles store (http://16handles.com/) had recently opened up a few stores down, so we gave it a shot. For those unfamiliar, there are sixteen "handles" (flavors) of frozen yogurt to choose from and a selection of toppings to make your own sundae. Amazing. We're obsessed and now we “handle it” every week, though only once a week on Sunday so as not to become little fatties. This Sunday tradition is followed religiously. Every Sunday, together or not at all.

The GF loves "The Handle" so much I threw her a surprise 30th birthday party in their back private room. I invited a bunch of her family and friends and decorated the room with signs and balloons. Everyone made their own sundaes and chased them down with wine...lots of wine. Surprised they allowed wine? Not as surprised as I was when they told me yes, but it had to be kosher. Thankfully, we're in NYC so finding kosher wine wasn't too much of a problem. 



Back to our Sunday tradition, we also really enjoy judging everyone in line - specifically on how they go about "handling" it. We analyze the size of the cup, flavors, toppings and the fro-yo to topping ratios. This is critical everyone. People who fill the cup up with so much fro-yo and then get to the toppings station and realize they left no room for anything else are laughable. Amateurs.

Anyway, it’s a great spot if you couldn't tell by now, me and the GF are huge fans. Check it out for yourselves. And feel free to share your favorite flavor & topping combos.


About me: http://zacksmithishungry.blogspot.com/2012/09/about-me.html

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts